Not sure which batting to choose? Check out our Batting Comparison charts for help!
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium 80/20 Cotton Blend is one of our most popular battings. It offers more loft and less weight than traditional cotton batting.
This blend is made with 80% natural cotton and 20% fine polyester. It is needle punched and has a light resin bonding to provide exceptional strength and durability. Close quilting yields a flat low loft appearance while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft.
Hobbs Heirloom® Premium is wonderful to quilt by hand or machine. Close quilting yields a flat low loft appearance while more space between stitching lines yields a slightly higher loft. You may experience shrinkage of 3-5% and it may be quilted up to 4” apart.
- The Natural color option should be used with medium or dark fabrics. If used with light colored fabrics, unbleached cotton can slightly darken white and pastel colors.
- The Bleached color option is highly recommended for white or very light colored quilts. The bleached cotton fibers provide a very white batting that will not cause a shadow effect on the colors of a light quilt top.
- The Black color option is highly recommended for quilt tops created in black, navy or other dark colors. It is made using dyed cotton fibers to provide quilters with a batting that will not create light fiber lint on the quilt top during the quilting process.
We recommend that the quilt maker spend some time learning about this product before using it on a major project. Make samples using this batting to see how it launders and how it needles, both by hand and by machine, so that you can obtain the look you want in your final project.
- Type: 80% Cotton, 20% Poly-Resin, Bonded & Needlepunched
- Approx. Loft: 1/8"+
- Shrinkage: 3-5%
- Distance Between Stitches: 4"
- Hand Quilting: Excellent, Test with Fabric
- Machine Quilting: Excellent
- Pre-Wash: Not Recommended
ALL Hobbs Bonded Fibers Batting have a specific label or packaging that indicates: the date it was made, warehouse it was manufactured in, type of fiber(s), the ship date, etc. We encourage you to keep the label or packaging so that if there are any flaws or defects with the batting you can call Hobbs Customer Service Department (254) 741-0040 and they can assist you.
* For optimal results always test with your fabric
We regularly carry:
PK-BHL-120 = Package - King 120" x 120"
PK-DKHL-120 = Package - King 120" x 120"
PK-DKHL-90 = Package - Queen 90" x 108"
PK-HL-120 = Package - King 120" x 120"
PK-HL-90 = Package - Queen 90" x 108"
BHLBY-108 = Roll - 108" x 30 yds
DKHLBY-108 = Roll - 108" x 30 yds
HLBY-96 = Roll - 96" x 30 yds
HLBY-120 = Roll - 120" x 30 yds