Not sure which batting to choose? Check out our Batting Comparison charts for help!
Warm & Natural is the preferred batting among quilters world-wide!
Warm & Natural is the finest needle-punched cotton batting! Only 15% of all cotton grown in the USA is the proper length, thickness and color. Out of this 15%, only 5% is clean enough for Warm & Natural! This soft, natural cotton has never been washed or bleached with harsh chemicals. It's kinder to the environment and kinder to your batting. The cotton undergoes a mechanical cleaning process removing all of the seeds, seed coats, along with the majority of leaf and stem remnants. The remaining tiny plant particles lend a special look to crafts like no other and won't harm your quilt.
Quilt or tie up to 10" apart! Quilt Warm & Natural right out of the package, as pre-washing is not necessary. Once quilted, machine wash and dry your finished quilt in cold water. 3% shrinkage can be expected in the first wash with cold water. To achieve an antique puckered look use warm water for 5% shrinkage. Warm & Natural won't distort when hanging, hooping or when used in quilt frames. It can be used for both batting and as an exterior craft fabric to create stuffed snowmen and rabbits.
The Warm Company is proud to purchase over 4 million pounds of American cotton annually for processing in our American manufacturing facilities by American workers for the American tradition of quilting shared around the world!
Benefits of Needlepunch Batting.
- Will Not Separate or Bunch;
- Contains No Resins or Glues;
- Will Not Shift, Migrate or Beard;
- Quilt or Tie Leaving up to 10" Open;
- Once Quilted, Machine Wash & Dry!
- The Warm Company uses only the finest quality cotton fibers grown in the USA and the soft, natural cotton has never been washed or bleached with harsh chemicals.
Pre-Wash & Care Instructions
Note that this step is optional. You will experience a 3-5% shrinkage with your first wash. Use cold water to reduce shrinkage amount.
- Hand Wash mild detergent. Do not agitate or spin in washer.
- Soak for 20 minutes, rinse several times.
- Squeeze out water. DO NOT WRING. Rolling in a towel helps.
- Dry in a warm dryer or lay flat to air dry.
We regularly carry:
Warm & Natural 124 = Roll - 124" x 30 yds
Warm & Natural 90 = Roll - 90" x 40 yds