Become certified to rent our hand-guided Gammill longarm quilting machines to finish all your quilting projects, or just the big ones! Learn how to prepare your quilt for loading onto a longarm machine using the "float" technique and zipper system in our 2.5 hour hands-on class taught by professional longarm quilters. You will be certified to schedule your rental quilting time by the end of the class.
Schedule your first session within one week of your class and get 1/2 hr rental time for free! Sign-up and prepay to hold your spot. Please call to discuss if the student is under the age of 18. View our Renter FAQ, get a preview of class topics or refresh your memory by visiting the Renter Section of our website.
- At the start of class, you will receive a handout with:
- Our Rental User Policy
- Details about Renting Our Machines
- Glossary of Our Machine Parts
- Jumpstart Service Details
- Step-by-Step Instructions for:
- Preparing Your Quilt
- Preparing the Machine
- Loading Your Quilt
- Starting & Stopping Stitches
- Advancing Your Quilt
- Once you've completed class, you will be emailed a PDF with:
- General Tips
- Finding Your Inspiration
- Longarm Quilting Methods
- Beginning Free-Motion Designs
- How to Use a Pantograph
- Helpful Guidelines
- No supplies are needed for this class.
- You will be provided a handout and we have pens for you to take notes with.
- Depending upon your notetaking style, you may want to bring a notepad.
- After taking the class, you may find yourself interested in the following items: