Shipping and Handling
- Shipping amounts shown in your shopping cart and during checkout are estimates. We charge you only what it actually costs us to ship your order.
- Our website currently overestimates the shipping. The website authorizes a maximum amount we can charge to your card, but we only charge you what it actually costs to ship.
- If you need an accurate shipping cost please contact us and we will happily provide a shipping quote for your order. You can even place your order over the phone instead.
- We ship all orders (domestic and foreign) by US Post Office, using the best available rate. We will ship the same day we receive your order if the order is received before 3:00 p.m. Pacific time. We ship Monday - Friday, excluding USPS holidays. Rush package requests must be received by 10am PST Monday through Friday and will incur an additional $10 Rush Handling Fee.
- For our INLAND NORTHWEST customers, we offer alternatives to USPS that could possibly save you money on shipping. Contact them directly to see if they can deliver to you, then be sure to let us know you'd prefer to use them when it is less expensive for your order. We'll handle all the rest of the details for you! Click on the links below to see the listing of towns that each company delivers to and their contact information. Most orders arrive overnight!
- H & H Express delivers to Washington, Idaho & Montana.
- Huber Action Freight delivers to Washington, Idaho & Oregon.
- For our CANADIAN customers, we've compiled a list of Border Post Options that could save you money!
- Examples (includes handling charges):
- Batting Rolls run about $40.00 for West Coast (outside of WA, ID, MT, OR) and $60.00 for East Coast.
- Packages generally start around $3.66 for first class packages (under 16 ounces) and $7.35 for priority packages (over 16 ounces).
- There may be a small handling charge on orders for items other than thread and batting.
- There is a $1 handling fee per finished quilt and we do insure packages for the full invoice amount. Please let us know if you would like us to include any additional insurance if we are mailing your finished quilts back to you.
***Please click here to download an estimated postage sheet for batting. You will be able to find your postal zone using your zip code or the map at the bottom of this page. Of course, you can always call us for help, too!
- Please call when ordering more than one (1) roll of batting for accurate shipping costs.
- Oversized battings have excess air removed and are secured with tape, so that they meet USPS requirements.
- We can also add other items to your batting rolls, to save you shipping charges on those extras!
- Occasionally, we may be out of stock on an item you have ordered. If this is the case, we will call you to see what you would like to do. Typically, we offer three options:
- Ship what we have in stock and call you when we receive the backordered item. This also allows you the chance to add to your new order, if you need to.
- Wait until the order is complete and ship all product together.
- Ship what we have and do not place the out of stock item on backorder.
- All backorders are treated as an entirely new order, which will include shipping for that package.
- Unless the item is a special order, you are never under any obligation to purchase a backordered item.
- There are no returns, refunds, or exchanges on fabric, books, videos, quilting patterns and clearance/sale/discounted/"sold as is" items.
- Items may only be returned in their original packaging and condition.
- You may return product within 30 days of invoice date for a refund of the purchase price.
- Exchanges only for store credit after 30 days.
- No returns are issued on product after 90 days.
- Shipping charges both directions are never refunded or credited.
- Damaged or missing items must be reported within 24 hours of delivery.
The "authorize only" feature allows our credit card processor to authorize the charge without actually withdrawing the funds from your account until we manually approve it. Using authorize only has other benefits for our store, but for our customers it means reduction of fraud and improving purchase confidence, because you know you're only going to be charged for exactly what you're getting and for the exact postage amount. Depending upon your bank, it is possible you may see the authorized transaction past our settlement date. Different banks have different processing times so please allow up to 7-10 business days for the authorized transaction to disappear from your account. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Occasionally, a product does not meet the manufacturer's standards, but still ends up in our shop for sale. Often, we won't know that this is the case until we hear from you that you're unhappy with the product. While this is a rare occurrence, for certain vendors, we do have policies in place to help. Regardless of the item, be sure to always hang on to the original packaging and contact us immediately to let us know what the potential manufacturer's defect is. On certain items, we may be able to assist further.
You may call in to request samples of any of our battings. Please contact us immediately to report any product quality concerns. Be sure to hang on to the original product packaging. You'll want to preserve any label that has bar codes, dates, numbers, etc. Some may be hard to find.
As the screen is different on every device, we cannot guarantee the colors you see match the colors of the actual thread. It is recommended you purchase a color card to keep at home for more accurate color matching if you can't make it in to our studio. Please contact us immediately to report any product quality concerns. Be sure to hang on to the original product packaging. You'll want to preserve any label that has bar codes, dates, numbers, etc. Some may be hard to find.
As the screen is different on every device, we cannot guarantee the colors you see match the colors of the actual fabric. You may call to order by the inch to sample in person if you can't make it into our studio. If prewashing, remember to account for shrinkage. We recommend you purchase at least 8% more than what you need. Some fabrics & dyes may bleed or fade once washed. There are many products available to prevent or remedy this. Our selection is under the Notions section of our online store. We are not responsible for damage or shortage caused by washing fabrics.
All new Gammill machines come with a lifetime mechanical warranty against defective materials and/or workmanship, one-year tablet warranty, three-year electrical parts warranty, and two-year in-shop labor warranty. The Gammill warranty also covers commercial use of the machines.
Heartbeat Quilting makes no promises or guarantees as to the validity of the information presented by the private party owner. We act merely as a liaison between buyer and seller. Both buyers and sellers absolve Heartbeat Quilting of any legal responsibility by using this service.
MACHINE QUILTING SERVICES
It is our passion and privilege to help our customers finish their quilts. We have quilted thousands of quilts and very rarely have we had anyone who is disappointed with our service. That being said, we must acknowledge that we are human and we cannot promise perfection. We perform regular maintenance on our machines and always strive to do our very best, but we cannot be held responsible for machine malfunctions or issues with quilts that are unseen during intake. By sending your quilt to us, you acknowledge that there is some risk involved but you’re willing to trust our best judgment. We don’t guarantee perfection, but we do guarantee we will treat your quilt as if it’s our own, to provide you with the best results from what is provided to us, and appreciate your understanding that machine quilting does not correct piecing problems and that we may not always be able to adhere to our estimates due to unforeseen circumstances or improperly prepared quilt materials.
- We do not sell or share any customer information, including your e-mail address.
- You may occasionally receive information via USPS or e-mail from us.